Saturday, August 23, 2008

Keeping up with the Johnsons

Yesterday featured Shawn Johnson and the pavilion of Johnson & Johnson. So maybe it was fitting that this morning it was Davey Johnson, the coach of the '86 Mets team that won the World Series, that I saw while at breakfast this morning. The coaches and staff of USA Baseball are at my hotel and Johnson is the head coach now of the US team, so it wasn't a total shock to see him there. In fact, I was kind of hoping our paths might cross.
I was at the cereal station and looked up and there he was. (Side note: One of the cereals my hotel offers is called "honey nachos," and while something has gone horribly wrong with the translation, the more I think about it, the more the notion of actual honey nachos sounds more appealing. Maybe my food radar is completely off this week...)
In any case, we spoke for a minute or so about the Mets and it was another cool chance encounter.

No comments: