Monday, August 25, 2008

Calling it quits

Well, I leave tomorrow morning from my Olympic adventure, so time to wrap things up here I suppose. This has been quite an experience, but I'm ready to come home.
First, though, a few closing thoughts.
Coming to the Olympics was an amazing experience that I'm grateful I got to have. Seeing the events I went to, especially track and field, was probably the highlight for me in terms of the Olympics stuff. But I enjoyed making the contacts for the magazine, which I think went reasonably well considering I was tasked with finding several people I've never met before in one of the world's largest cities where nobody remotely speaks the same language I do.
China is a remarkable place, of course, but as the food stories have suggested, a bit intimidating to get a handle on when you're by yourself. Still, by and large, except for maybe the air in the subways (and, well, outside the subways too) I did enjoy myself here.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by to share my experience here with me. I enjoyed your comments and I'm looking forward to telling you all the other stories I didn't write about.
See you soon!

4 comments:

sam said...

Good times. I'll see you in Vegas man. Can't wait to see you.

Roby said...

Easily some of the best stories I've ever read - I don't often find myself laughing out loud by myself... I passed your blog on to several of my friends and they all loved it...

Thanks Jas!

Dan

lualynnn said...

Jason - I agree with dantues. This has been one of the most fun blogs ever - and there was much out-loud laughing going on here too! Made the whole Olympics even better knowing you were there and hearing about your experiences. Thanks for sharing!! - Lyn

Anonymous said...

Debi and I absolutely enjoyed the blog! Thanks for sharing all of this, and most of all, sharing it so often. When I was there I had almost no time for anything like this, so we're particularly appreciative of all the offerings. Hope you have a great trip back!